Taking his lessons from his father long ago my next guest Matt learned to focus on cash flow rather than appreciation. A simple but profound strategy that lead him to success as a multifamily real estate investor and syndicator.
Watch the Episode:
Listen to the Episode:
Podcast Episode Summary:
- Why Matt decided to scale his business switching from fix and flips to multifamily investments
- Why Matt likes passive investing just as much as active investing
- What markets is Matt bullish on to invest in multifamily syndications
- Why is his focus on cash flow rather than appreciation, a lesson his father taught him
- What is Matt’s morning routine for success and what is he most grateful for
Matt is the Managing Partner at MJP Property Group, a real estate investment company. He has invested in over 6,000 apartment units and is primarily focused on acquiring and repositioning multifamily communities.
Matt has over 15 years of experience in property analysis, financing, acquisition, construction, and operations. He is a licensed real estate agent, a Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac approved buyer, and a member of the Forbes Real Estate Council. Matt has earned both Commercial Real Estate & Real Estate Finance certificates from Boston University.
As a PMI certified Project Management Professional, Matt has a proven track record of delivering projects on budget, on schedule and at the highest quality standards. He is a marketing veteran whose 20-year New York City career spanned several of the world’s largest advertising agencies, producing award-winning projects for Fortune 500 clients including Verizon, IBM, and Coca-Cola.