From starting many businesses by himself at a young age, my next guest took it to the next level to teach his children to also become entrepreneurs continuing the family legacy. My next guest Eric Martel.
Watch the Episode:
Listen to the Episode:
Podcast Episode Summary:
- When did Eric start his entrepreneurial career and what gave him that spark
- What was his first big venture and what is he working on now?
- Why did you feel it was important to teach your children entrepreneurship?
- How does turnkey rentals benefit investors and fill a gap for investors seeking cash flow?
- What is Eric’s morning routine for success and what is he most grateful for
Eric purchased his first apartment building at just 18 years of age while still at university. After graduation, in his position as an actuary, he was dismayed to see hundreds of company pension plans being rolled over into 401(k)s shifting the retirement risk to employees. This made Eric reconsider traditional beliefs about retirement saving and question his role as an actuary so he joined the lucrative technology industry. He would be honored to be granted an interview.
A few years later, Eric lost a fortune during the dot-com crash of 2001 and he started looking for ways to earn passive income and stop trading time for money. He started various businesses, including a gourmet sauce company, but eventually came back to his first love, real estate investing, and formed MartelTurnkey. After just four years of rapid success, he was able to retire from his day job.
Today, Eric wants to share what he has learned through his own experience so that we don’t make the same mistakes he did. Financial Freedom should be everyone’s #1 goal because it is inevitable and the best way to achieve that goal is through rental properties that generate passive income.